1. Potatoes fulfil the criteria for a healthy and dietary product – just like the rest of vegetables.
1. Potatoes are low in calories and satiating but do not cause obesity.
2. The consumption of a 200 g portion of potatoes covers 50% of the daily requirement (70 mg per person) of vitamin C and 40% of the potassium requirement.
3. Potatoes contain approx. 2% high biological value proteins.
4. The alkaline-forming mineral components in potatoes (potassium, calcium, and magnesium) neutralise the acidifying effect of cereal products, meat and fish.
5. Potatoes are a relatively cheap food source.
6. The protein, vitamins and mineral salts they contain support the healthy development of children and adolescents.
7. The wide variety of potato dishes supports creativity in young people.